Monday, July 7, 2014

Sassy Polish & Scrubs Swatch and Review

Hello my lovely lacquernistas, did I just make up that word? Or even spell it right? Haha oh well! Today I have a brand new to me indie polish company to share with you. Sassy Polish & Scrubs has a wide variety of polishes as well as some sugar scrubs and bath salts. I didn't purchase any of the body products this time around, but I did love the scents that were listed in their shop, so I may try some out soon. I do have five polishes to share with you though, so let's get right to it.

First up is "Honeysuckle Hideaway", which is a yellow jelly polish with amazing holo goodness. This is the first polish that caught my eye in the shop because I don't have a yellow holo polish, let alone a jelly holo. The holo in this polish is SO strong and I love it SO much! The formula was good, not at all thick, and went on smoothly. Dry time was also really good for a jelly polish. The only thing I wish was better with this polish was if it built up a little better to hide more of the visible nail line (VNL). I used four coats with this one hoping it would build up more but sadly it didn't. It's still really pretty though and I do still like the look of it on it's own. I did layer two coats over Dollish Polish "Skeet, Skeet, Skeet" just because I wanted to show that option as well. 

(Indoor Light Box)

(Outdoor Sun Light)

(Layered over "Skeet, Skeet, Skeet" Sun Light)

Next up is "Hey Y'all", which is a teal holo jelly polish. I wanted to love this one more on it's own, but I think I like it much better layered over another polish. I layered two coats over China Glaze "Tongue And Chic" for my pictures, but I would like to find another polish closer in color to layer it over next time. I used four coats like I did with "Honeysuckle Hideaway" on it's own and the formula and dry times were the same. This one is also super holo so it looks gorgeous in the sun whether it's layered or not.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Outdoor Sunlight)

(Two Coats Over "Tongue And Chic" Indoor Light Box)

(Two Coats Over "Tongue And Chic" Outdoor Sun Light)

Next up is my favorite out of the five I received and this polish is called "Mystery" and is unfortunately a one of a kind polish that is not available for purchase. Super sad because this polish is gorgeous! Raspberry holo jelly with black and holo teal glitters. I used four coats for this one as well and I loved the way this one built up. There was no need to layer it over another polish and that's perfect! Formula and dry time were the same on this as the others too.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Outdoor Sunlight)

Next up is "Teal We Meet Again", which is a teal polish with scattered holographic glitters throughout. I really like this one too. For whatever reason I had a hard time capturing the scattered holo in my pictures, but trust me... It really sparkles in the sun. Formula and dry time were good on this one as well. I used three coats with top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Outdoor Sun Light)

Lastly is my second favorite from this group called "Hollywood Hills" which is a black holo polish. So, so, SO gorgeous! The holo in this polish is such a stunner that I didn't want to take it off to continue swatching. I love it that much! :) Formula and dry time were good on this one just as the other polishes were. I used three coats with top coat for my pictures. 

(Indoor Light Box)

(Outdoor Sun Light)

Overall, I really enjoyed these polishes. I'm really wanting to try the scrubs they offer now too, so that will be my next purchase for sure! Everything in their shop is very reasonably priced compared to other indie brands. Can't beat that right? If you'd like to purchase any of these, or see what else Sassy Polish & Scrubs has to offer, you can visit their Etsy shop here. Also follow them on Instagram @sassy_polish_scrubs or join the group on Facebook here or just like their page here if you'd like to keep up with all updates, sales and releases. Are any of these polishes calling your name? Let me know in the comments below! Follow all my social media below to keep up with all things Polished And Shined! Until next time, happy polishing!

Instagram: @polishednshined











No comments:

Post a Comment