Sunday, July 27, 2014

Girly Bits Polish Swatch And Review

Hello there lacquernistas! Today's post features a brand new to me indie brand, Girly Bits Cosmetics! I have known of and followed Girly Bits for quite some time, but I just have never had a chance to grab any of their beautiful lacquers. So this set of polishes had me super excited. I received this set from the Sparkle & Wine event at Cosmoprof North America this year, which was put on by the creator of Girly Bits, Pam Heil and the beautiful Christy Rose of KB Shimmer. I am still so greatful for that event and enjoyed meeting Pam and every one else. I have three beautiful polishes to show you, so let's get to it!


First up is a LE polish that was made exclusively for Cosmoprof called "What Happens In Vegas... Ends Up On Instagram"(WHIVEUOI). This gorgeous fuchsia polish has so much sparkle, including purple shifting flakies and red micro glitters, and who could forget the scattered holo! This polish has it all and I am absolutely in love with it. Especially since I love pinks and holos oh so much! All things I love in one polish has me screaming "Yes!". The formula on this was a tad thick, but it did not make application difficult at all. There is so much glitter in it that it dries a tad gritty, but top coat fixes all that no problem. Pam will be making this beautiful polish available for everyone to purchase in her shop very soon, and she is changing up the formula a little bit so that it will not be as thick, but still just as sparkly. So no worries about that! I used two coats with HK Girl by Glisten & Glow top coat for my pictures. 

(Indoor Light Box)

(Sun Light)

Next up is "Supersonic", which is a neon yellow jelly with gold and blue shimmer as well as blue flecks. I love neon. I wear neon in the dead of winter, and I don't care what anyone says about it. Adding another gorgeous neon to my collection does not upset me one bit! The formula was great, with great dry time. I used three coats with HK Girl by Glisten & Glow top coat for my pictures below.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Sun Light Macro To Show Shimmer)

Lastly for today, I have "Darkly Dreaming", which is a dark green jelly with copper shimmer. I own NOTHING like this! I usually don't gravitate to darker polishes, but this one is just so pretty with that copper shimmer, how can you resist? Well, I can't. Formula was great on this one with a great dry time as well. I used three coats with HK Girl by Glisten & Glow top coat for my pictures.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)

For my first Girly Bits polishes, I am greatly impressed and would not think twice about purchasing more gorgeous polishes in the future. It helps that the creator, Pam, is super sweet as well. What do you think of these polishes? Are you interested in the LE WHIVEUOI polish? If you are, make sure you are following girly bits on Facebook and Instagram @girlybitscosmetics so that you can keep up to date on the release. Rumor has it, a limited release of last year's cosmoprof exclusive polish "What Happens In Vegas... Ends Up On Facebook" will also be happening! I hope you enjoyed today's post! Please be sure to follow my blog, to see more of Polished And Shined! Until next time, Happy Polishing!
Instagram: @polishednshined
Twitter: @polishednshined










No comments:

Post a Comment