Friday, June 21, 2013

China Glaze Sunsational Neons Cremes

    Hello my lovelies!! Today I am very excited to show you the Creme half of the China Glaze Sunsational Neon Collection. I honestly was not going to buy all six of these because I heard so many people complain about the formulas and applications of the whole collection. After seeing a few swatches done though, despite the complaints, I decided I needed all six of the cremes because the colors are just so amazing!! That being said, I will say that as everyone says, the formulas on these beauties are a let down, BUT..... I love the colors of these so much that I really think it is worth the struggle. In all honesty... the struggle really isn't all that bad either. I found that if you do two thick coats of each of these colors and let each coat dry before applying the next coat, that you don't end up with streaks, and every one of these colors dries pretty quickly so that's a plus too. So with that being said.... on to the swatches!!!


      A gorgeous shot of all six creme colors, L-R is 'Neon & On & On', 'Bottoms Up', 'Sun of a Peach', 'Highlight of My Summer', 'Too Yacht to Handle', and 'That's Shore Bright'.


This is two thick coats of 'Bottoms Up' with one thick coat of Seche Vite top coat. This pink is absolutely stunning!! Its so bright and yummy that I wanted to eat my own fingers!! ;-) The only somewhat bad thing about this color is that it was slightly watery, so I ended up with paint in my cuticles because of it. Nothing a lil clean-up can't fix though! This color dries to a satin finish on the nail, but I added top coat for a shine!! Love!


This is two thick coats of 'Highlight of My Summer' with one thick coat of Seche Vite. This has been described over and over again as a mint neon and that's exactly how I'm going to describe it here too. This is my second favorite out of this whole collection. The picture shows it slightly brighter than it really is in person, but not much. This also dries to a satin finish and again, I added a top coat for shine.


This is two thick coats of 'Neon & On & On' with one thick coat of Seche Vite top coat. This is a coral pink type color and it is definitely in my top three for sure!! Again, for whatever reason my camera was making some of these look soooo much brighter than in person. Which is weird because most of the time its the other way around and they don't appear bright enough lol. Either way, this is still very VERY close to how bright this amazing color is. I'd also say that my camera made it look a little more pink than it is as well. I tried guys, neons are hard to capture perfectly. As with 'Bottoms Up' this one was a little watery as well. No biggie (for me anyway). This one also dries to a satin finish.


This is two thick coats of 'Sun of a Peach' with one thick coat of Seche Vite top coat. This one is by far my fave of the six. I don't have anything like this color in all my 350+ polishes and it is GORGEOUS!! This pic is pretty darn accurate too. It definitely has more of an orange tint to it than a true peach, but I can definitely see the peach quality to it when I'm outside in the sunlight. This one dries with a slight shine to it, but I added top coat for the ultimate shine. 


'That's Shore Bright' is a gorgeous, gorgeous purple. This is two thick coats with one coat of Seche Vite top coat. I could not for the life of me get my camera to capture the true color of this polish. There's always one right?!?! In person this purple is slightly lighter than shown. This dries to a satin finish also.


And last but not least we have two thick coats of 'Too Yacht to Handle' with one thick coat of seche vite top coat. I love this color!! Its very similar to CG 'For Audrey' but it is by far much brighter on the nail than 'For Audrey' giving it more of a "neon" vibe to it. Its also been described by some as a Tiffany type blue neon and I would agree to that as well. This also dries with a slight shine to it. 


    All in all this collection did not disappoint in the beautiful colors department. Yes the formulas are a little weird, but its all fixable! These are neons folks, and neons just march to their own drum anyway. I found that the key to getting these to look amazing is THICK COATS! That includes the top coat. None of these colors were layered over a white base, and yet they are still incredibly bright!! That's a plus in my book!! I'm so glad that I decided to buy all of the cremes from this collection and I will not hesitate to use all of them all summer long!! I hope you enjoyed this post... my next post will be up within the next week and I'm super excited about that one, so stay tuned!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment