Monday, January 12, 2015

Glisten & Glow Polish And Hand Care Review

Hello readers!! Today I have a jam packed post for you that involves Glisten & Glow hand care, nail prep and even polish! Jill is quite the busy woman when it comes to her business. She also offers some bath items as well. I haven't tried the bath items yet, but they are on my list of things to try in the future for sure. So let's not delay any further and lets dive into this great post!

First up I want to share with you the newest venture for Glisten & Glow and that is polish! When I found out that the maker of my favorite base and top coat was diving into the polish making world I was ecstatic and ready to get it on my tips asap! The polish I'm sharing with you today is called "I Love You To The Blue And Back", which is a "steel blue holo with various shapes and sizes of metallic and matte blue, white, silver, navy, light blue and aqua glitters". This is the first polish Jill created and it is gorgeous! It is a limited edition, but is still available in her shop for $10.50. I'm in love with the holo in this polish. It reminds me of water the way its not completely opaque and how it sparkles when the sun hits it. Its absolutely perfect! Formula on this polish was great, I had no issues with it. The glitters all came out of the bottle easily with no fishing needed and laid flat on the nail. I used three coats with HK Girl top coat for my pictures below.

(Indoor Light Box)

(Indoor Light Box Macro)

Next up is the hand care portion of this post. The items I have are the Nail & Cuticle Balm in "Sangria White Peach" and two cuticle oils in "Hawaiian Tropic" and "Papaya Mango". First of all the scents of these items are amazing! All of them are so pleasing that even my husband grabs my hands to sniff them after I've used them because "your hands smell so good!". 

The Nail & Cuticle balm is so easy to put in your purse (which is where mine is) and use while you're out and about. A little bit goes a long way with this one so this little container can last you a long time.  The moisturizing aspect of this product is great! I instantly feel like my cuticles are softer when using this, especially right now in the winter time. Its perfect to me. Ingredients include shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil, beeswax, sweet almond oil, castor oil, argan oil, vitamin e oil, acai berry botanical extract, grape seed oil, sunflower oil, tea tree oil, and fragrance. 


The cuticle oils are simply amazing as well. I have them in polish bottles, but Jill offers her cuticle oil in convenient roller ball applicators, called glis-stics on her site. My favorite of the two scents that I have is the "Hawaiian Tropic" because it reminds me of summer time, sunscreen, and beaches. Both scents are delicious though, so I'm almost confident that any scent you're able to pick up would be wonderful. This cuticle oil is great! It has helped up my winter time cuticle care a great deal this winter. It absorbs in an average time for a cuticle oil, giving your cuticles and nails plenty of time to soak up all the amazing ingredients this oil has to offer. Seriously, you need it in your life! :) 


Finally, last but not least I want to share with you two products that I have been using now for close to two years and I cannot see myself using any other products to help my mani last as long as these two. This dynamic duo, as it is appropriately called on Jill's site, consists of "Stuck on Blu" and "HK Girl". "Stuck on Blu" is a base coat that helps adhere your polish to your nail to help keep it from chipping and peeling as quickly as it would with out a base coat. I use one coat of this over one coat of Duri rejuvacote and it still works just as great. I top all of my manis with "HK Girl" to provide even more protection against chipping and peeling. It is seriously the best top coat I have ever used! I used to love Seche Vite, but I tossed a half full bottle once I started using this because it is a million times better than Seche. "HK Girl" gives a beautiful shiny finish that does not smudge your nail art or cause any shrinkage. It also dries fairly quickly, a tad longer than seche, but not by much! Its absolutely, hands down, the best. I can't think of much more to say about it, other than, if you haven't tried it, you're really missing out!


(New Years Tape Mani using HK Girl)

Well, what do you think of all that Glisten & Glow has to offer? Jill literally has something for everyone, and if you haven't tried her products, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. If you would like to try out some of her products, you can visit her shop by clicking here. Also, be sure to follow on Instagram @glistenandglow1 and on Facebook  Glisten & Glow to keep up with updates and occasional sales that may happen. I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, make sure you subscribe via GFC to make sure you don't miss future posts. Until next time, happy polishing!

Instagram: @polishednshined
Twitter: @polishednshined



No comments:

Post a Comment