Saturday, July 27, 2013

Island Girl Neon Collection

This is a repost of my very first blog post: please continue through my blog to see more recent posts as well :-)


Well, my first blog post.... finally lol.. I have wanted to start a nail blog for quite some time now but I never actually got around to starting one. I'm going to try to have one post a week, but I do have a two year old who may make that difficult from time to time, so I'm going to do my best. So let's get this fun started!! :-)


For my first post I decided to swatch the Island Girl neon collection because it is almost summer time and these colors are just so bright and fun!! In all of my pictures I did four coats of the polish by itself on my pointer and middle finger, and then two coats of the polish over one generous coat of white on my ring and pinkie fingers. It may be hard to tell a difference in some of the pics other than the VNL (visible nail line) that you might spot on some of them, but the white underneath these colors really makes them so much more vibrant, plus it uses less of the polish and who doesn't love saving amazing colors right?? 

First up is this bright pink!! No name to it, as with any of these polishes because when you buy the island girl sets the polishes are nameless. I love pink! And this polish is no exception. Its so bright and perfect for summer!! This one really brightens up with white underneath as you can see on my ring and pinkie fingers. There was slight balding and dragging with this though, but a generous two coats will smooth everything out. This picture is with no topcoat.



Next up is this bright green. I am fairly sure that this is my favorite out of all five. Its just SUPER bright, and that is amazing. Again slight balding and dragging with this but two generous coats fixed it. Four coats of the polish on its own on my pointer and middle finger, and two coats over one generous coat of white on my ring and pinkies. Also with no topcoat.



Next we have the bright yellow. again this color is so bright!! I tried to capture the brightness as best I could but my camera just would not pick it up like I wanted. This was the best I could get without it looking pastel... weird camera lol. Its SO much brighter than this in person though! Dragging and slight balding on this one too, but two generous coats fixed it on this color as well. Four coats on its own on my pointer and middle finger, two coats over a generous coat of white on my ring and pinkie, no topcoat.


Next is the neon orange. This picture photographed BEAUTIFULLY!! This is exactly what this color looks like on the nail and I LOVE IT!! Slight dragging and balding again but two generous coats fixed the problem. Four coats on its own on my pointer and middle finger and two coats over a generous coat of white on my ring and pinkie fingers. Also no topcoat on this one.



This next one is a neon purple... I know it looks a little more pink... again my camera wasn't wanting to pick up the true color of this gorgeous polish so I have for you two pictures to kind of give you a better idea of what this color actually is. Unfortunately its not 100% perfect, the color in real life is slighter darker and looks a great deal more purple than pink. This is the only one out of the five that I didn't have an issue with dragging or balding. This is probably my second favorite of the group. This one I used three coats on its own on my pointer and middle finger because it seemed to cover a lot better than the others. Still two coats over one generous coat of white on my ring and pinkie fingers though, and again no topcoat.



All in all I give a big thumbs up to this collection and recommend layering these bright beauties over white to use less of your neon polishes and to eliminate any VNL. Hope you enjoyed my first blog post! Like I said before I'll try to get one post a week up, but don't hold me to it :) Follow me on Instagram if you'd like to see swatches and nail art that I may not post here.... its @polishednshined and feel free to follow me via GFC here to see more of my blog posts to come and feel free to leave any comments below!! Thanks again!!

2 comments: